Friday, November 2, 2012

Meggie reading Skippyjon Jones.


Hi.  I'm Meggie, the library dog at the Gladbrook-Reinbeck Elementary Schools.  I am a miniature beagle and am 6 years old.  I will be telling you all about my wonderful days at GR.  When my mom, Mrs. Val Ehlers asked me if I would like to go to school so that kids can read to me, I was so happy that my tail just kept wagging.

I do know that not everyone may love me as much as I love them.  So, I am kept on a leash and kids don't have to be around me.  I also have a hiding spot that I can go and sleep in too.

So far, my favorite thing has been meeting all of the nice children at GR.  Kids have also been coming in to read to me from time to time.  Each week, I will be telling you about my adventures and what we are reading.

This week, it was Halloween, so Mrs. Ehlers read "Little Orphan Annie," a poem by James Whitcomb Riley.  We talked about if Goblins were fake (fiction) or non-fake (non-fiction).  I was so happy that the kids told me they were fictional!  They all did a nice job of helping out by saying some lines out loud.

A new book that is now in the library is Skippyjon Jones: the Great Bean Caper.  The 3rd and 4th grade students might also enjoy reading one of the four new Humphrey books too!

I think I'm going to go take a nap now!  Holy Guacamole, am I tired (that's my favorite part from Skippyjon Jones).

2 comments: